Apr 21, 2014

Cosplay Inspiration: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

I have been having a really difficult time coming up with a costume for an upcoming convention that I agreed to part of. I've never cosplayed before. I had originally decided on a Mulan costume, but grabbing the components and the requirement for sewing seemed a bit intimidating for my first cosplay. 

Inspiration: Lara Croft and the Guarding of Light

I remember playing a co-op game with Lara Croft (for PC) with her trusty sidekick Totec. I played Lara Croft of course, but I realized that cosplaying her is relatively easy. It does not require sewing or anything too technical!


Lara Croft Cosplays from Around the Net

So I browsed Google and I found some really good versions of Lara Croft - Guardian of Light:

  

I used the picture on the left as reference for finding the different pieces.

My Costume so far

I will likely be wearing my camera bag, since I have to be carying that around anyway. I don't have formal gun holsters, but thats okay; and I'll be wearing brown boots - which I know isn't true to the actual outfit, but thats okay I can't spend a fortune on everything. 

The things I owned before hand were the pants from Aritzia and the brown boots. There are still a few pieces I need to add, but its coming together slowly!


The convention is fast approaching! I am kind of nervous. A friend has agreed to take "cosplay shots" beforehand close to the waterfront with good lighting. I am nervous as I don't actually know how to pose properly for something like this. Hopefully I can pull off an intimidating "serious" look when taking photos.

Either way, I'm glad I decided to get involved. Its been such an interesting experience and a lot more fun crafting my costume (and I use that term loosely) than buying one from the costume as I usually do for Halloween. 


Cheers!
 
To receive updates, follow me on InstagramTwitter and on Facebook.
You can also subscribe to this blog via BlogLovin.

See more posts on cosplay.

No comments:

Post a Comment