Apr 12, 2014

Toronto Travel: Bloor Street, UofT and Kensington Market

Sunday I didn't have anything in particular planned except for Brunch with a good friend. She prepared homemade pancakes, bacon, eggs and i had this delicious lemon tea. 


I honestly felt like passing out after that meal, and was seriously contemplating it. Instead I decided to go with the original plan of walking to Kensington Market. Toronto is a city thats a bit hard to appreciate when its winter (or any city to me for that matter). It was a pretty decent day that started out sunny initially and was certainly "light jacket weather". 




I didn't end up taking my SLR, so these are my pictures through my phone. 

Sights of Bloor Street 

Bloor Street is considered the "northern boundary" of downtown Toronto. There are a lot of shops and thoroughfare, and just north of Bloor Street is Yorkville, which contains high end shopping and dining. 


They recently opened up a Tiffany&Co right next to the LV on Bloor Street West. 


On going construction of 1 Bloor St, a coveted address and super convenient location. I remember seeing in the news stories about lineups to buy up these condos. 

There's still a long time, and many floors to go before they reach completion:

 

I also stopped by Sephora on Bloor Street to pick up some primer, and also to paint my nails. I liked the mint blue/green/ robin egg colour. This one is called "Unmistakeable". I did an AWFUL job patingint them (my left hand kept shaking while I was painting!). Ah well.


University of Toronto

On my way to Kensington Market, I actually passed through University of Toronto. I remember passing Toronto Public Library several times but didn't realize I'd stumble upon it on my way. I remember seeing the Empress of Japan visit TPL a few years ago (lots of fanfare, red carpet and media there!). 



I believe I was walking along St. George. I remember the same time last year we were already seeing green grass and some budding on the trees. This year's winter has been pretty brutal:



I usually take this route on my way home from dance classes. 

Kensington Market

The day became cloudy later on so these pictures don't quite do the place justice. It was bustling today and I the entire time I was just in awe of all the shops, markets and shops on Kensington! Every place was super unique. 



 This place I was a bit weirded out by the mannequins wearing cat and bunny ears out front.


Finally discovered the place that Bernice buys her delicious cheeses:


Some stores were literally overflowing with products, like this leather shop Casta Brava:


This shop had a LOT of unique trinkets and things I could imagine myself using for future halloween costumes. 


I loved the name of this store, "Courage My Love", as this yelp review describes it, "Courage My Love is an incense-scented vintage wonderland. Buttons, jewelry, earrings, sweaters... you name it, they've got it."



Over a period of 3-4 hours I took my time traveling 7.7 km (I know, not very far at all). I was pretty tired afterwards and ended up passing out for a few hours. It was nice to just take a day to myself and wander aimlessly in my city. lol. I usually don't get many days like this so it was nice to be able to do, and I often don't do solo shopping dates either.

Safe travels,
 
To receive updates, follow me on InstagramTwitter and on Facebook.
You can also subscribe to this blog via BlogLovin.

See more posts on excursions in Toronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment