Dec 30, 2013

Toronto Eats: Playa Cabana Mexican Restaurant & Tequila Bar


On the last day of my birthday weekend, we went to Playa Cabana for dinner which was a place we heard about through the Food Network. My exposure to Mexican food includes Taco Bell, Burrito Boys and Margaritas Mexican Food.





Playa Cabana is located at 111 Dupont Street and a self-proclaimed Mexican Restaurant and Tequila Bar. The space is VERY tight but the food is definitely worth it.

This place was easily the best Mexican I've had so far. 





TACOS DE POLLO AL CARBON

My friends decided to share a "Tacos de Pollo al Carbon" dish, described as "Guajillo-chipotle marinated free range chicken grilled over coals with fresh mango salsa." I was impressed they used a fresh ingredient like mango!


ANCHO BRAISED SHORTRIB-BRISKET CRISPY TACOS

Described as "AAA Ontario Beef shortrib braised in ancho chiles wrapped in fresh corn tortillas and griddled to a golden crispiness. Served with pico de gallo, guac and homemade crema" on their menu. This was the meal I ordered and it was delicious. Each bite was bursting with flavour.



CARNE MOLIDA PICADILLO BURRITO

My friend ordered the Beef Burrito, which was HUGE - I would have nicknamed it "Beef Burrito, de la Muerte!" This dish is described as "Home-ground beef slow-cooked with guajillo-ancho-chipotle." it was very flavourful and had a lot of beans in it too.


TACOS DE PESCADO (BAJA-STYLE)

My friend Felix ordered the Fish Tacos, described as: "Baja ‘Catch of the Day’ fish tacos. Your server will inform you of our fresh fish of the day. We always use a white fish for our tacos, fresh battered with Tecate-cerveza." Looked light, healthy and delicious.




To receive updates, follow me on InstagramTwitter and on Facebook. You can also subscribe to this blog via BlogLovin

No comments:

Post a Comment